Phone 416 867 9036
Fax 416 867 1434
email@example.com Commercial Litigation, Shareholder Disputes, Environmental Litigation, and Employment Litigation
Since 2008, Christopher has been certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a Specialist in Civil Litigation. Recognition by the Law Society as a Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation) means that Christopher has achieved: superior standards in the substantive and procedural law for both typical and atypical cases; a timely appreciation of and ability to implement an entire range of appropriate remedies; sound judgment in proposing appropriate cost effective solutions and approaches for his clients; professionalism in his dealings with clients, courts and other lawyers; and, a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Below is a list of noteworthy cases in which Christopher has appeared as counsel:
- Royal Bank v. Rastogi, 2011 CarswellOnt 197, 2011 ONCA 47, 330 D.L.R. (4th) 98 (C.A.) - Summary Judgment - Restitutionary Claim - Bank Act
- Return on Innovation Capital Ltd. v. Gandi Innovations Ltd., 2011 CarswellOnt 8590, 2011 ONSC 5018 (S.C.J. - Commercial List) - Claims Procedure under the CCAA
- SemCanada Energy Co. v. Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital Corp., 2011 CarswellOnt 6053, 2011 ONSC 4166 (S.C.J.) - Setting Aside Notices of Discontinuance - Limitation Issues
- Montcap Financial Corp. v. Schyven, 2011 CarswellOnt 5617, 2011 ONSC 4030 (S.C.J.) - Summary Judgment - Guarantee - Limitation Period
- York-Med Systems Inc. v. Canadian Commercial Arbitration Centre, 2010 CarswellOnt 7328 2010 ONSC 632 (C.A.) - Forum Non Conveniens - Arbitration - Conflict of Laws
- Coote v. Ontario (Human Rights Commission), 2010 CarswellOnt 6452, 2010 ONCA 580 (C.A.); see also 2010 CarswellOnt 4324, 2010 ONCA 460 (C.A); see also 2010 CarswellOnt 2910, 2010 ONCA 337 (C.A.) - Appeal of Deputy Registrar's Dismissal Orders
- Brand Name Marketing Inc. v. Rogers Communications Inc., 2010 CarswellOnt 9548, 2010 ONSC 2892 (S.C.J. - Ontario Master); see also 2010 CarswellOnt 1386, 2010 ONSC 1159, 90 C.P.C. (6th) 253 (S.C.J. - Ontario Master) - Amendment of Pleadings
- Monarch Construction Ltd. v. Axidata Inc., 2009 CarswellOnt 907, 2009 ONCA 166, 41 C.E.L.R. (3d) 1 (C.A.) - Liability for Environmental Damages
- Bachi Corp. v. Thinkfilm Inc., 2009 CarswellOnt 3751, 15 P.P.S.A.C. (3d) 12 (S.C.J.) - Motion for Partial Summary Judgment - Enforcement of Loan Agreement
- Banque Royale c. Cliffs Mining Co., 2009 CarswellQue 4383, EYB 2009-158550, 2009 QCCS 1986, J.E. 2009-1019 (Cour supérieure du Québec) - Interpretation of Equipment Leases
- Al Mansouri v. Environmental Consulting Services Ltd., 2008 CarswellOnt 3525, 2008 ONCA 477 (C.A.) - Enforcement of Foreign Judgments
- Monarch Construction Ltd. v. Axidata Inc., 2008 CarswellOnt 1746 (S.C.J.) - Costs and Orders
- Chemical Equipment Fabricators Ltd. v. Cooper Standard Automotive Inc., 2007 CarswellOnt 697 (CA) - Interpretation of Construction Agreement
- Royal Bank c. Cliffs Mining Co., 2007 CarswellQue 1836 (S. C. J.) - Interpretation of Equipment Lease
- Monarch Construction Ltd. v. Axidata Inc., 2007 CarswellOnt 1271, 27 C.E.L.R. (3d) 258 (S.C.J.) - Damages for Environmental Contamination
- Hermitt v. Wiltshire, 2005 CarswellOnt 118, 4 B.L.R. (4th) 137 (S.C.J.) - Oppression - Winding up of Corporation
- Chemical Equipment Fabricators Ltd. v. Cooper Standard Automotive Inc., 2005 CarswellOnt 10002 (S.C.J.) - Interpretation of Construction Agreement
- Levy-Russell Ltd. v. Shieldings Inc.; 2004 CarswellOnt 4263 (S.C.J. - Commercial List) - Insolvency - Oppression Action - Creditors' Remedies
- Birkett v. Astris Energi Inc., 2002 CarswellOnt 3925 (S.C.J.); aff'd 2004, 45 B.L.R. (3d) 293 (Ont. C.A.) - Shareholder's Dispute
- Monarch Construction Ltd. v. Axidata Inc., 2002, 5 C.E.L.R. (3d) 286 (S.C.J.) - Civil Practice
- Martin v. Banting; 2002, 46 E.T.R. (2d) 93 (Ont. C.A.) - Breach of trust and fiduciary duty - Estates
- Algoma Steel Inc. v. Sempra Energy Trading Corp.; 2001 CarswellOnt 4198 (S.C.J. - Commercial List) - International Conflict of Laws
- John E. Dodge Holdings Ltd. v. 805062 Ontario Ltd. (2001), 56 O.R. (3d) 341 (S.C.J.); aff'd 168 O.A.C. 252, 223 D.L.R. (4th) 541, 63 O.R. (3d) 304, 34 B.L.R. (3d) 12, 10 R.P.R. (4th) 98 (C.A.) - Breach of Agreement of Purchase and Sale - Specific Performance
- ECS Educational Consulting Services Canada Ltd. v. United Arab Emirates (Armed Forces); 2000, 44 C.P.C. (4th) 127 (Ont. S.C.J.); aff'd 2000, 3 C.P.C. (5th) 76 (Ont. C.A.) - International Conflicts of Laws
- Allen v. McLean, Budden Ltd.; 2000, 128 O.A.C. 138 (C.A.) - Civil Practice
- Allen v. McLean, Budden Ltd.; 1998, 113 O.A.C. 33 (C.A.) - Departing Employee - Shareholder's Rights
- Modderman v. Ondaatje Corp.,  O.J. No. 3018 (Gen. Div.) - Letter of Intent
- Levy-Russell Ltd. v. Shieldings Inc. (1998), 41 O.R. (3d) 54 (Commercial List); leave to appeal refused 42 O.R. (3d) 215 (Commercial List) -Oppression Remedy - Proper Complainant under OBCA
- Kentucky Fried Chicken v. Scott's Food Services Inc. (1997), 35 B.L.R. (2d) 21 (Ont. Ct. (Gen. Div.)); rev'd (1998), 41 B.L.R. (2d) 42 (Ont.C.A.) - Breach of Contract - Right of First Refusal
- Heel-Biologische Heilmittel Heel GmbH v. Acti Form Ltd. (1996), 67 C.P.R. (3d) 61 (Fed. Ct.) - Breach of Contract - Breach of Trademark - Interlocutory Injunction
- Wool-Mart Inc. v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (1995), 64 C.P.R. (3d) 442 (Fed.Ct.) - Breach of Trademark - Interlocutory Injunction
Christopher has also acted for secured creditors, unsecured creditors, receivers and liquidators in many insolvencies including the following major insolvencies:
- Priszm Income Fund
- Gandi Innovations
- Skyservice Airlines Inc.
- Dominion Trust Company of Canada
- Central Guaranty Trustco
- Beamscope Canada Inc.
- Philip Services Corp.
- Livent Inc.
- Algoma Steel Inc.
- Air Canada
- Norshield Asset Management
The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association Year Of Call 1994 Education University of British Columbia, LLB
University of Toronto, BA Community Involvement Christopher is a supporter of Sharelife, the Hospital For Sick Children Foundation, and Out of the Cold. Christopher encourages you to consider lending your support to these worthwhile organizations. Christopher is a member, and past Men's Captain, of Diamondback Golf Club.